An old world favourite is even better with the intriguing flavours of BROOKSIDE baked in.
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL or 1 stick) cold butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) chopped nuts
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 cup (250 mL or 200-g pkg.) BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Goji and Raspberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Flavour or BROOKSIDE Mango and Mangosteen Flavours
- 1 cup (250 mL) CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (180 C). Grease 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, egg and butter in large bowl until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Set aside 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) crumb mixture; press the remaining mixture in bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven. Pour sweetened condensed milk over hot crust; evenly sprinkle surface with chocolate pieces and chocolate chips. Top with reserved crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.