An old world favorite is even better with the intriguing flavors of BROOKSIDE baked in.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 cup (7-oz. pkg.) BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Açai & Blueberry flavors, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Pomegranate flavor or BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Goji & Raspberry flavors
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, egg and butter in large bowl until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Set aside 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture; press the remaining mixture in bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven. Pour sweetened condensed milk over hot crust; evenly sprinkle surface with chocolate pieces and chocolate chips. Top with reserved crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 24 to 36 bars.